Effective Date: September 28, 2020
‘Personal Information’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
‘Sensitive Personal Information’ means Personal Information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identityifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation, or any Personal Information relating to criminal convictions and offenses.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT WE COLLECT 2.1 Types & Sources of Information
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- INFORMATION SECURITY & NOTIFICATION
- INFORMATION CHOICES & CHANGES 6.1 Accessing, Correcting & Restricting Your Personal Information
- CONTACT INFORMATION
2.3 Children’s Personal Information
2.4 Account Creation
2.5 Billing Purposes
2.6 Customer Support
2.7 Service Improvements
6.2 Removal & Portability
6.3 Marketing Opt-Out & Other Choices
AS A CONDITION TO USE OUR SERVICE, YOU MUST AFFIRMATIVELY CONSENT TO BOTH OUR TERMS. YOUR CONSENT SURVIVES, ESPECIALLY IF YOU CONTINUE TO USE OUR SERVICE, UNTIL YOU AFFIRMATIVELY WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT BY TERMINATING YOUR ACCOUNT WITH US, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS.
2. WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways: for account creation on the Service, for integration with your Guest Communication Portal to effectuate the Service, for billing purposes if you have an active Account with us, for customer support, and for Service improvement. In each case, we only collect as much information as is necessary or appropriate to achieve the purpose of such data collection. Likewise, we only process the data you have authorized us to process, whether through your consent to the Terms, or by making specific requests through interacting with the Service. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Service.
2.1 Types & Sources of Information
- Account Information: first and last name, email address, password, your Personal Information, and other information you provide to us in your Account profile. We do not store your payment information.
- Guest Information: we collect and retain guest information we receive from you or through the Service to communicate critical service updates to relevant users, relay communications between guests and Rental Property manager accounts, process payments, provide and maintain guestbooks and reviews, and otherwise provide the Service. We also store communications between users through the Guest Communication Portal.
- Rental Property Information: we collect and may retain the information you provide through the Service about the Rental Properties you manage through our Service.
- Automatically Collected Information: we automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Service, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Service, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use of and actions on our Service. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics, which collect, monitor, and analyze this type of information in order to improve the Service’s functionality and design. These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
We do not affirmatively solicit or attempt to collect, use, or process any Sensitive Personal Information. As specified in our Terms, we do not verify or claim any responsibility for the content you input on your Guest Communication or Rental Property pages or into any messages sent through our Service. Any information you include in your Guest Communication or Rental Property pages is at your own risk. We do not disclose any of your Personal Information other than as described in this Policy. You can always refuse to supply your Personal Information, with the caveat that it may affect the performance of or prevent you from using the Service.
2.3 Children’s Personal Information
As stated in the Terms, neither the Site nor the Service is directed toward individuals under eighteen (18) years of age (‘Child’ or ‘Children’). We do not knowingly collect or process Personal Information from Children. If we become aware that a Child has provided Personal Information to us, we will take all commercially reasonably steps to delete such information. Children are not eligible to use our Service.
2.4 Account Creation
We collect your name, email address, as well as other Personal Information you directly give us on the Service in order to create and maintain your User Account, as described in the Terms.
2.5 Billing Purposes
We use third-party services, such as Stripe, to collect and process your payment information if you have a paid Account, and we have access to your invoices, name, and billing address on our servers. These third-party services have their own terms of service and privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before submitting your Personal Information through them.
2.6 Customer Support
If you contact us for support, questions, or in response to one of our updates, we may collect, use, process, and share your email address and email content in order to communicate with you, diagnose any potential issues with the Service, and provide you with a response or solution. We may request additional information from you to achieve this purpose.
2.7 Service Improvement
Other than information you provide us with respect to customer support, Rental Properties, and guest bookings and interactions, we may get Personal Information about you from other sources as a result of the operation of the Service. We may add this to information we get from the Service. Like most websites, we automatically log some information about you and your web-enabled device. For example, when visiting the Service, we may log your device’s operating system type, browser type, browser language, the referring website you visited before browsing to our Service, pages you viewed on our Service, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use of and actions on the Service. In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics, which collect, monitor, and analyze this type of information in order to improve the Site and Service’s functionality and design. These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Service. This type of information is collected to make the Service more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Service;
- to retain any preferences you have communicated to us through the Service;
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, communications, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- to link or combine user information with other Personal Information to provide an integrated experience for users, for billing purposes, and to provide or improve the Service;
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- to comply with laws and to protect our legal rights and interests, and the legal rights and interests of you and other users;
- to verify accounts and activity, and to identify violations of our Terms; and
- to provide and deliver products and services that you or other users may request.
If information is aggregated or de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, we may use it for any business purpose.
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to sharing information as specified in the Terms, throughout the Service, and otherwise in this Policy, we may share Personal Information as follows:
- when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar transaction or proceeding.
- for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- to comply with laws.
- to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- to protect the rights and property of RueBaRue, Inc., our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and Terms.
- in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- with those who need it to do work for us.
- with you upon request, and without undue delay, in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
We will only contact you for direct marketing purposes or share your data with third parties if you explicitly provide consent for us to do so. You may unsubscribe from or opt out of any marketing communications you receive from us at any time. We will not market our Service to your guests, but may offer you the ability to market directly to your guests through our Service and the Guest Communication Portal. You are responsible for notifying guests of their choices to receive or opt out of such marketing communications from you. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with third parties for their own uses.
5. INFORMATION SECURITY & NOTIFICATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using the Service you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit, and/or use the Service, including without limitation your Personal Information or other information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you via your computer, mobile, or other device. Information may be transferred to, and maintained on, servers and databases located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as your jurisdiction. Please be advised that we may transfer your information to and from any state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction, and process it in the United States or elsewhere. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to any such transfer.
We currently do not store data outside of the United States. However, information may be transferred to, and maintained on servers and databases located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as your jurisdiction. Please be advised that we may transfer your information to and from any state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction, and process it in the United States or elsewhere. If our hosting services or data storage policies change, we will notify you by updating this Policy and may notify you through other means. Your continued submission of information represents your agreement to any such continued transfer.
6. INFORMATION CHOICES & CHANGES
6.1 Accessing, Correcting & Restricting Your Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to your Personal Information and other information through the Service, or upon request. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority where you reside. If your Account is administered by an organization and you are not the administrator, you must refer to your organization’s policies regarding your Personal Information and contact your administrator accordingly. We do not control, nor are we responsible for, the policies set by organization administrators. Unless otherwise specified, you can control the Personal Information we receive from Gmail by updating your Gmail account information. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Personal Information is current, correct, and accurate.
6.2 Removal & Portability
You may be able to remove or receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information and other information through the Service or upon request, as is feasible and unless otherwise specified by your organization’s policies. We will make all commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with or remove your Personal Information from our databases and servers upon request, as feasible, and as required under applicable laws and regulations. However, we may retain your Personal Information and any other information necessary in order to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with and demonstrate compliance with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Likewise, if you post or share on a public page, with other users, or with third parties, certain information may remain even after you have terminated your account or requested the removal of your Personal Information.
In some cases, we may not be able to remove or supply you with your information, in which case we will let you know why. If fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or otherwise violate the rights and freedoms of others, we will notify you that we cannot act on your request for such reasons.
6.3 Marketing Opt-Out & Other Choices
Our marketing emails tell you how to ‘opt-out.’ If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. You may send requests about Personal Information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt out of our sharing with others, and update your Personal Information. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Service with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Service works for you. We do not respond to Do-Not-Track signals.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at our address:
1824 Beacon Street, #2
Brookline, Massachusetts 02445
We may change this Policy at our sole discretion at any time, with or without notice to you. If we make any changes, we will post such changes on this page, and will update the Effective Date above. If such changes are material, we may notify you of the updated Policy by the email address you have provided to create your Account. Accordingly, if at any time you do not agree to be subject to the modified Policy, you may no longer use the Service.